It’s happened to us all before. That moment we realize we totally blanked and forgot to buy a gift for so and so’s house party in a few hours. How could we have forgotten? The invite has been hanging right above our desk for weeks… Well, have no fear! We’ve put together a list of the best last minute gifts for the hostess with the mostest.
1. Vintage Succulents
Ah yes, the ever so popular succulent is definitely an ideal hostess gift. A succulent, or any small plant, makes for a perfect table center piece and can brighten up the entire room. To show you put extra thought into this hostess gift, switch out the pot for an old, intricate coffee cup. This will give the plant a cool vintage twist!
2. Spice Rub
Impress your hostess with an edible gift. This all-purpose spice rub can be used to season grilled chicken, mixed with oil and vinegar to create a delectable salad dressing and added to pan-fired fish.
- Measure out ⅓ salt cup, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup paprika, 2 tbs ground black pepper, 2 tbs dried oregano, and 2 tbs dried thyme leaves.
- Mix up your creation in a bowl.
- Add this spice rub to a small mason jar and then you’re done. That’s it. Too easy, right?
3. Homemade Body Scrub
Treat your hostess with the mostest to a soothing homemade body scrub. You can never go wrong with spa day type gifts, and making it yourself will show you went the extra mile. All you need is a jar, sugar, coconut oil and an essential oil (lavender will work perfectly!)
- Gather your ingredients and place in a mason jar.
- Mix up these ingredients until your concoction has the consistency of a paste.
- Add your essential oil until the scrub is to your desired scent strength.
- Decorate your jar with some ribbon and other creative decoration.
- Attach a little note with all the ingredients and boom, gift complete.
4. DIY Reed Diffuser
If you have leftover lemons, orange peels, herbs, or seasoning sitting around your house, this DIY is totally for you. Use this interesting mix of ingredients to make a homemade fragrance stick diffuser to freshen up the hostess’ house the moment you step in.
- Take a small glass jar or bottle and add 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, 3/4 cup water, 20 drops of essential oils, lemons and or orange peels, and herbs/seasonings of your choosing!
- Add some bamboo skewers to the jar for the final touch.
5. Scented Candles
Candles are very well-known hostess gifts. A great smelling scent bursting throughout the entire house can be unbelievably satisfying. If you are short on time, you can run just about anywhere to grab a scented candle. However, if you’re obsessed with DIY projects like us, try to make one of these teacup candles from scratch! You’ll just need to buy a candle making kit and a small tea cup.
So if you forgot about your neighbor’s house party tonight, don’t stress. You have plenty of hostess gifts to choose from!
Have any other last minute hostess gift ideas to share? Comment below!