Should I pick this filter? No let’s do this filter! No wait, let’s do the other one. Being indecisive just became fun! Qwik is a must-have app for your photo-editing needs, especially if you love picking filters from a vast amount of filters and fun photo add-ons.
What is Qwik?
Qwik is a quick and easy way to enhance your photos. There are over 600 filters (with more options added weekly!) to choose from, in addition to a variety of borders, frames, and fonts. You can even customize where you want the text to go on your photo.
This photo editor allows you to edit your photos with easy to use direct hands-on tools. A bonus of Qwik: it conveinently connects you to all of the social media platforms so that you can share your photos effortlessly!
Should I use this app?
If you are someone who loves to have a wide variety of options to pick from, then this app is for you! If you are tired of the same filters that you have been using, then Qwik can definitely add a fresh new perspective to your snapshots.
What does it do exactly?
Qwik is a great tool to use if you want to add some creativity to your photos. There are many ways to customize your photo to your style. Lets break it down and check out some of Qwik’s features.
- When you first open up the app, you can decide whether you want to use a picture from your album or take a picture.
- There are 4 boxes of editing tools you can choose to add to your picture: effects, borders, text and art.
- You can add different filters, borders, fonts, and choose different art insertions. The fonts and the art insertions are fun to play around with. For example, in my picture I added the text “Yummm.” Thanks to Qwik’s easy to use interface, I was able to place it anywhere on my picture. One of the best features of Qwik is being able to give my photo a little edge with these art insertions.
- Pro tip: For some added flair try changing the colors of any of your filters and fonts.
- After you designed your photo, you have the option to save or share your photo to different social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You can also email it to your friends and family, all straight from the app!
This app is helpful for anyone who isn’t super tech savvy and still wants to add some fun flare to their pictures. Pro tip: Try using this app for flyers and promotional materials for social media. The easy to use fonts, art, and borders will add a fresh look to your logo and make it easy. If you’re looking for an app that provides it all, this is the app for you!
What are the pros?
There are over 50 fonts you can select from in Qwik such as, Alex Brush, Bahiana, Barrio, Digital, Heavy Data, Langdon, Pacifico, etc. You can rotate and resize your font to whichever degree and size fits your style.
Another pro: the art insertions. Think of Qwik kind of like a online scrapbook. The possibilities are endless! There are so many categories to pick from such as flowers, smiley faces, food, fashion, fitness, and even pets!
In order to get rid of Qwik’s watermark, you would need to upgrade to the premium version of the app.
What are the cons?
Although this app is very simple, it might be almost too simple if you are used to more complex editing software. Unfortunately the app doesn’t have very many effects to enhance your fonts. If you wanted to use an add-on such as a shadow effect, you would be best using another app. Another con is that you can’t crop, resize or rotate your image. There are also no contrast, saturation, brightness, or sharpness editing options. This can restrict some of your editing options
The app may only be useful for it’s four basic editing options, which are the filters, borders, fonts and art. If you want more in-depth editing tools this app may not be for you. However, if you only need the basics, this app is for you.
How much does the app cost?
Qwik is FREE on iTunes and Google Play, however if you only install the free version you will not be able to use all of the tools. The premium version is only $0.99 which is a steal for the premium access.
Where is the app available?
The app is available on IOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android. No Windows phone.
Qwik is constantly adding new filters and features every week! Every time you logon there will be new filters & stickers galore!