Content Marketing/Editorial Director
Careers at Fracture | Content Marketing/Editorial Director
- $85,000 – 120,000 depending on skills and experience
- Health insurance
- 401k (3% matched)
- 15 days PTO
- Flexible working arrangements
- Relocation package available
Fracture prints are different from traditional pictures and frames. Instead of printing on paper, we print directly on glass. Instead of separating the picture, frame, and mount, a Fracture print combines all three into a beautiful and lasting product. We make every print by hand, in Gainesville, FL.
Here at Fracture, we are riding a wave of growth that has been driven by effective awareness marketing campaigns coupled with a consistently strong repeat order rate. 2019 ushers in new challenges, opportunities, and marketing objectives. This growth means we now need you, our Content Marketing/ Editorial Director.
Aspirational branding and with it a new focus on engaging, emotive and customer-centric content is our primary marketing focus. We need strong leadership, creativity and drive for this new position.
First and foremost, you are our chief editor. You’ll be in charge of editorial strategy with a focus on telling the stories that connect the customer to our brand. Your job is to think like a journalist and a publisher. You will lead the development of our content initiatives in all forms to drive new business and increase brand affinity within our current Fracture community.We will need you to:
- Map out editorial strategy that supports Fracture’s aspirational branding initiatives, both short and long-term. Review and evolve this strategy based on analytics, testing data and ad-hoc user feedback via comments and other customer input.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in style, quality, and tone of voice.
- Grow readership and engagement: via the Fracture blog, social and email channels.
- Maintain content calendar based on buyer personas and ensure that key business groups have knowledge of content publication dates.
- Collaborate with social media and email managers to ensure that content pieces support other on-going marketing initiatives.
- Build and manage processes and workflows for the creation, editing, and publishing of content. Document key tasks as S.O.P.’s.
- Build the team: as needs dictate, hire, recruit and manage writers, editors, photographers, and videographers as needed for various content pieces.
- Work closely with the creative director to ensure that branding and aspirational criteria are consistently being met across all messaging.
- Conduct periodic competitive audits.
- You have brand-level experience in crafting stories and then coupling them with helpful tutorials and “how to” content in a way that results in measurable increases in engagement and brand affinity.
- You’ve managed a company blog or popular publication known for its reach and authenticity.
- You have proven editorial skills.
- You have an outstanding command of the English language.
- You’ve built a content strategy for your team that reinforces key themes through creative angles.
- You have a journalistic mindset. You have a repeatable framework for developing stories that are authentic and engaging.
- You think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- You’ve managed an editorial/content team of internal & external writers.
- You have examples of great people you’ve hired and people in your team who you’ve promoted.
- The ability to articulate the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content. This should be done within the creative content brief.
- You have successfully managed editorial schedules and deadlines for multiple content projects.
- You have humility and are always willing to question your own assumptions.
- You love to learn and improve and have done so over the years.
- You are accessible, approachable and often collaborate with others.
- You are fluent in web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Moz, etc), social media marketing applications. Leading social media monitoring platforms (Agora Pulse, etc.) would be a plus.
- You have successfully presented to your board or to investors and persuaded them to take a particular course of action (using Visio or PowerPoint).
Our Mission Is To Help The World Focus On Moments That Matter. With our first product, printed glass “Fractures”, we print your favorite photos directly onto glass and have them shipped right to you in eco-friendly packaging. We’ve sold over 650,000 fractures to almost 200,000+ customers in 50+ countries, but this is just the beginning. We’re only just scratching the surface of our potential. Our uniqueness stems from the fact that we actually design, engineer, and manufacture something tangible, 100% in-house. Real. That’s what we love about what we do.
To be considered for this role, please complete the application form at the following link: https://form.jotformeu.com/82912789855374
Please note, we assess your submission based on the answers you give to the questions on the application form. We only review your CV if your application form answers meet our criteria.