Who is Fracture?
Fracture’s mission is to help the world focus on moments that matter. Our first product, Fracture glass prints, allow you to print your images directly onto glass and have them shipped right to you in our custom designed packaging. Check it out at Fracture.Me. We’ve sold over 950,000 fractures to 325,000+ customers in 130 countries, but this is just the beginning – we’re just scratching the surface of our potential. Our uniqueness stems from the fact that we actually design, engineer, and manufacture something tangible, 100% in house. Real. That’s what we love about what we do. We’re blending cutting edge E-commerce with lean manufacturing to make your favorite digital images become real.
What’s the gig?
The Creative Director is responsible for championing our brand and visual identity through everything we do to communicate with consumers. The role requires an experienced creative professional who relishes the opportunity to build and own the voice, look, and feel for a world-class B2C Digitally Native Vertical Brand (DNVB). The Creative Director is responsible for building, growing and developing a world-class creative team to collaborate and innovate across departments in the organization. Passion, drive, grit, camaraderie and radical candor are a few of the values that are needed to be successful. Our creative content is the medium through which we share our mission, values, and brand with the world.
Reports to: CEO
Supervisory Position: Yes
Position Location: Gainesville, FL
- Establishing and driving the brand strategy and creative identity across the company including all marketing collateral, creative design for print/editorial content, physical products, packaging design, and digital/web content.
- Building, growing, developing, mentoring, and managing a high-performing team of in-house creative professionals including art designers, art directors, writers, stylists, graphic designers, illustrators, photographers, and videographers.
- Being a strong advocate for the consumer and articulating how we achieve our mission of helping the world focus on moments that matter through visual design.
- Working effectively across teams to explain your visual design strategy and supporting teams to execute per established standards.
- Partner with the Product Development Team on the creative design of products from conception to launch.
- Partner with Marketing to develop collateral and advertising that drive customer engagement, acquisition and retention.
- Partner with our UX and Web Teams to bring the design strategy to all our digital platforms.
- Identifying, engaging, and managing consultants/third parties as needed including external designers.
- Teaming up with Marketing to brainstorm and execute creative campaigns and ideas focused on engaging and building relationships with consumers and customers, both in our backyard and worldwide.
- Bachelor/Master degree of Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Marketing
- Minimum of 10+ years of work experience as a Creative Director or Art Director; minimum of 5 years with demonstrable experience and delivery.
- Minimum of 5+ years of building and leading a creative team.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with consumer brands, preferably B2C digital/e-commerce focused and UI/UX.
- A diverse portfolio of creative work (print, digital, animation, photography, video, etc.), art direction, and content development showcasing an understanding of brand positioning, architecture, and multichannel marketing concepts in a digital native brand environment.
- Advanced to expert level proficiency and knowledge in the post-production process (photography and print, traditional photography, digital SLR and digital native vertical brands.
- Must be able to show advanced to expert level proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, Web Design, Wire Framing, and Prototyping.
- Intermediate proficiency level with AfterEffects.
What’s in it for you?
This full-time position will be located in Gainesville, FL with the rest of the company and report directly to the CEO. We’re offering a competitive salary, equity, relocation package, and health care benefits – to name the tangibles. As far as the intangibles, we are committed to a safe, positive and enthusiastic work environment with an amazing culture. We believe our team is the core of everything and we put our people first.
Every single one of us is in this because of the opportunity at hand. Over 1 trillion digital images were taken in 2018, and smartphone cameras are only getting stronger. Photos are people’s #1 social asset. The company that figures out how to tap into people’s photos and uses them to create disruptive, innovative and affordable photo-products will completely change the photo industry. We believe our hard work and innovation will make that happen. What’s in it for you? YOU can be part of this amazing team that makes this happen!
A little bit about our Gainesville community!
Nestled just north of Gainesville is Fracture’s brand new home for 2019 and beyond: a 30,000 square foot facility in San Felasco Tech City. Brand new and completely solar-powered, the new Fracture space is where all the magic happens, from conception to production, and everything in between.
As for Gainesville itself, it’s a hip mid-sized city with a highly educated population and a killer quality of life. We’re located in beautiful North Central Florida and are conveniently located ~2 hours away from Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville. A glimpse of Gainesville in 60 seconds! Gainesville is a professional and family oriented community providing a great Live, Work and Play atmosphere.
A glimpse of Gainesville in 60 seconds: https://youtu.be/e_7nUKAFanM
Live, Work and Play: https://youtu.be/prMLJtelhJk
Tech City, the new home of Fracture: https://www.businessmagazinegainesville.com/tech-city-alachuas-new-live-work-development/
Interested? Send your cover letter, portfolio and resume for consideration to Careers@Fractureme.com. Would you like to know more or have questions? Just ask! We look forward to hearing from you!
Fracture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/LBGTQ – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Talent Management Department.
Job Type: Full-time