Data Analytics Manager
Careers | Data Analytics Manager
*All candidates must provide both a cover letter and resume to Fracture’s recruitment email (Careers@Fractureme.com) to be considered. For us, this is the first stage of the interview process, so be sure to take your time. Tell us about yourself, about why you think you’d be a great fit for this position, and what attracted you Fracture as a company.
*Position is located onsite in Alachua, FL (15 minutes from downtown Gainesville, FL. ~ 13025 NW US Highway 441, Alachua, Florida 32615
*Must be authorized and eligible to work in the U.S. and not now or in the near future require sponsorship.
*No vendors or agencies
Who is Fracture?
Fracture’s mission is to help the world focus on moments that matter. Fracture glass prints, allow you to print your images directly onto glass and have them shipped right to you in our custom-designed packaging. Check it out at Fracture. We’ve sold over 950,000 glass prints to 325,000+ customers in 130 countries, but this is just the beginning — we’re just scratching the surface of our potential. Our uniqueness stems from the fact that we actually design, engineer, and manufacture something tangible, 100% in-house. Real. That’s what we love about what we do. We’re blending cutting edge E-commerce with lean manufacturing to make your favorite digital images become real. We do all this while focused on treading lightly on our planet and are dedicated to creating the smallest possible carbon footprint.
What’s the gig?
The Data Analytics Manager drives the execution of Fracture’s data initiatives. We are looking for someone who loves data-driven analysis for product insights to drive strategy decisions, as well as teach others how to do the same. The Data Analytics Manager will have a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality through execution.
The Data Analytics Manager will be responsible for designing, executing and socializing analytical solutions to business problems throughout Fracture. The Data Analytics Manager will apply statistics, machine learning, and operations research techniques to enhance efforts in generating revenue, identifying cost savings, and developing products. The Data Analytics Manager will work closely with the IT and business stakeholders to develop analytical tools and foster the practice of data analytics. This role will work closely with marketing functions to ensure strategic and tactical marketing decisions are informed by data-driven insights.
A candidate for this position should not only be skillful in quantitative methodologies and programming but also have keen business acumen.
The ideal candidate will have successfully built data warehouses in the cloud, used ETL processes to load data from disparate sources into a data warehouse and be proficient with data modeling and data visualization.
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Supervisory Position: Yes – Business Intelligence (BI) Team
- Embody the values of the Fracture brand through a commitment to the ethical and sustainable use of environmental resources in and out of the workplace.
- Partnering with various business leaders to establish the reporting/metrics framework for how we will monitor the performance of the company.
- Develop Data Analytics methodology and procedures.
- Development/leverage of a robust digital platform for monitoring of organizational results and key supporting KPIs utilizing tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Snowflake or other delivery tools.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining core data elements (master data, measure definitions, hierarchies, algorithms, etc.).
- Work in close collaboration with Marketing team members and other internal partners to leverage expertise in data management, advanced marketing mix modeling, scoring, etc.in order to develop key insights.
- Participating in the Enterprise-wide underlying platform rebuild aimed at modernization of our Analytical capabilities.
- Performing deep and complex analysis to discover underlying business drivers and how to leverage those insights to optimize and impact outcomes.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum method to deliver results.
- Provides guidance to the team to ensure what is being developed satisfies the needs of the business. Ensures the Agile Team’s understanding of business objectives.
- Manage/oversee external vendors where necessary to implement the best solutions.
- Ensures overall delivery of business value and business adoption of solutions, able to lead iteration and increment planning for the Agile team.
- Makes decisions that integrate business goals/objectives aligned with the project/program. Addresses situations that require a choice among several solutions and works in ambiguous situations.
- Mentoring, coaching, and inspiring the Enterprise Analytics analysts on the team.
- Creation of Daily, Weekly, and Monthly informational presentations.
- Prepare presentations and present complex statistical concepts and research results to non-statistical audience.
- Partner with the leadership team and the broader business community to stay abreast of current business concerns, potential opportunities, and information needs.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on developments in the fields of Retail industry, Analytics, business intelligence, data warehousing, data science, and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the broader Enterprise tools roadmap in partnership with IT leadership.
- Lead the team efforts in delivering improvements in decision-making and business strategies via advanced analysis including Marketing mix, clustering, segmentation, point estimation, design experiments, etc.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and interpretation of advanced multi-factor experiments to evolve testing approaches.
- Help foster a continuous test & learn culture and process – i.e. rapid-cycle learning.
- Continually broaden and strengthen knowledge of analytical methods, vendors and tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on the needs of the department, business, and organization and as communicated by management.
What’s it take to be successful in the role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or other related field or four or more years of work experience in an analytics role.
- 5+ years of data/business analysis experience in a technical role.
- Experience in analytics across marketing, finance, and strategy in an Ecommerce environment.
- Advanced to intermediate experience building and managing a data warehouse in the cloud using Redshift, Snowflake or similar solutions.
- Intermediate to advanced the ability to develop and automate reporting/analysis as well as an operational process using technologies such as Python, R, Spark, etc. within Hyperscale environments AWS, Hadoop, etc.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with visualization, discovery, & analytic apps such as Power BI, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with visualization, discovery, & analytic apps such as Power BI, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum teams to deliver results.
- Experience sourcing, vetting, selecting and managing vendors.
- Has led cross-functional teams in various capacities.
- Demonstrated scope negotiation experience to define priorities/MVP and minor/major release
- Advanced ability to extract and integrate data leveraging technologies such as SQL, Hive, Redshift, Mongo, etc.
- Advanced expertise with Data modeling concepts, such as Data Vault, OLAP cubes design, Star Schemas, etc.
- Intermediate experience with Marketing Analytics (Ecommerce, attribution, funnels, etc).
- Advanced ability to define problems, collect data, perform analysis, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical analysis and other advanced mathematical/logical methods.
- Attention to quality, reconciliation, and accuracy are critical as the audience is often executive-level staff and the decisions being made are significant in scope/impact.
- Creativity and vision to recommend ways to evolve our infrastructure, process, and analytic capabilities
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication, business professional, interpersonal and organizational skills; including an excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent work ethic with a sense of initiative, urgency, attention to detail, organization and time management/multi-tasking skills to deliver tasks on time; comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Have a learner mindset with a student mentality and a desire to constantly learn more and sharpen existing skills; continuous professional development.
- Delivering results. Consistently overcomes obstacles to meet goals. Anticipates problems, is proactive to minimize issues and initiates action to deal with problems as they arise.
- Adapting to change and leading change. Encourages others to accept change and gives them an understanding of the reason for the change. Highlights potential improvements in current systems, processes, and procedures.
- Emotional Intelligence. Skillful in being able to identify, regulate and recognize emotions both in oneself and others.
- Team player, engagement, and building. Is collaborative in approach and committed to the pursuit of team goals in a diverse work environment.
What’s in it for you?
This full-time position will be located in Gainesville, FL with the rest of the company and report directly to the Chief Technology Officer. We’re offering a competitive salary, equity, relocation package, and health care benefits – to name the tangibles. As far as intangibles, we are committed to a safe, positive and enthusiastic work environment with an amazing culture. We believe our team is the core of everything and we put our people first.
Every single one of us is in this because of the opportunity at hand. Over 1 trillion digital images were taken in 2018, and smartphone cameras are only getting stronger. Photos are people’s #1 social assets. The company that figures out how to tap into people’s photos and uses them to create disruptive, innovative and affordable photo-products will completely change the photo industry. We believe our hard work and innovation will make that happen. What’s in it for you? You can be a part of this amazing team that makes this happen!
A little bit about our Gainesville, FL community!
Nestled just north of Gainesville is Fracture’s brand new home for 2019 and beyond: a 30,000 square foot facility in San Felasco Tech City. Brand new and completely solar-powered, the new Fracture space is where all the magic happens, from conception to production, and everything in between.
As for Gainesville itself, it’s a hip mid-sized city with a highly educated population and a killer quality of life. We’re located in beautiful North Central Florida and are conveniently located ~2 hours away from Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville. A glimpse of Gainesville in 60 seconds! Gainesville is a professional and family-oriented community providing a great Live, Work and Play atmosphere.
A glimpse of Gainesville in 60 seconds: https://youtu.be/e_7nUKAFanM
Live, Work and Play: https://youtu.be/prMLJtelhJk
Tech City, the new home of Fracture: https://www.businessmagazinegainesville.com/tech-city-alachuas-new-live-work-development/
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume for consideration to Careers@Fractureme.com. Would you like to know more or have questions? Just ask! We look forward to hearing from you!
Fracture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/LBGTQ – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Talent Management Department.