Director of Finance | Controller
Who is Fracture?
Fracture’s mission is to help the world focus on moments that matter. Our first product, Fracture glass prints, allow you to print your images directly onto glass and have them shipped right to you in our custom designed packaging. Check it out at Fracture.Me. We’ve sold over 950,000 fractures to 325,000+ customers in 130 countries, but this is just the beginning – we’re just scratching the surface of our potential. Our uniqueness stems from the fact that we actually design, engineer, and manufacture something tangible, 100% in house. Real. That’s what we love about what we do. We’re blending cutting edge E-commerce with lean manufacturing to make your favorite digital images become real.
What’s the gig?
The Financial Controller is a pivotal team player that will help lead Fracture into the next era of growth and success by implementing the best accounting and finance systems, strategy, policies, and processes possible. Fracture prides itself on being lean and highly efficient, and as a multi-faceted e-commerce company with a vertically integrated manufacturing operation, we’ve got a lot of moving parts to account for. The financial controller will oversee all financial functions of the company, including accounting, budgetary planning, payroll, analysis, unit and team economics, sales forecasting, projections, strategy and tax compliance, etc.
Reports to: CEO
Supervisory Position: No
Position Location: Gainesville, FL
- Create, analyze, and communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial forecasts and departmental budgets, updating and communication ongoing performance and variances. Support month-end, quarter end, and close year-end processes.
- Preparing, analyzing and publishing monthly financial statements and workbooks, which include:
- Traditional monthly statements (P&L, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet).
- Create a company and department specific financial performance analyses and reports.
- Reviewing A/R and A/P and correcting any discrepancies.
- Assisting each department to help formalize and implement KPIs and the necessary monitoring and tracking systems to analyze performance
- Marketing – CAC, LTV, marketing spend efficiency, cohort analyses, etc.
- Production – COGS, unit economics, Inventory turn, etc.
- Departmental spend as % of sales
- YOY departmental and company spend growth
- Maintaining a chart of accounts, account controls and providing best recommendations to leadership.
- Managing the payroll lifecycle: processing, handling all reimbursements, financial benefits (401K plan), payroll taxes.
- Creating financial presentations and reports as necessary for potential investors, BOD, management, etc.
- Tagging and monitoring fixed assets and maintaining/updating D&A schedules.
- Documenting financial transactions for cash flow monitoring purposes
- Evaluate and implement financial and accounting platforms, policy, processes, tools and control systems.
- Oversee and manage cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed on a daily basis.
- Managing full life cycle of the payroll process and policies; processing payroll cycles, reimbursements, benefits, and payroll taxes.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Managing and processing all tax and insurance audits.
- Maintaining complete financial filing and organizational structure.
- Complying with local, state and federal government reporting requirements.
- Live the company’s core values, and actively promote them within the team.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, (MBA) preferred.
- CPA License and Certification required; CMA strong plus.
- 5+ year’s experience in transactional accounting duties
- Preferably have worked in a retail and/or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to improve organizational cost structure, policy, process, and strategy.
- Experienced with complex accounting systems
- Extremely well-versed in GAAP methodologies
- Strong understanding of manufacturing-related accounting principles and systems.
- Experience with the following is a bonus:
- COGS/cost accounting
- Consumer product pricing
- Retail sales modeling
What’s in it for you?
This full-time position will be located in Gainesville, FL with the rest of the company and report directly to the CEO. We’re offering a competitive salary, equity, relocation package, and health care benefits – to name the tangibles. As far as the intangibles, we are committed to a safe, positive and enthusiastic work environment with an amazing culture. We believe our team is the core of everything and we put our people first.
Every single one of us is in this because of the opportunity at hand. Over 1 trillion digital images were taken in 2018, and smartphone cameras are only getting stronger. Photos are people’s #1 social asset. The company that figures out how to tap into people’s photos and uses them to create disruptive, innovative and affordable photo-products will completely change the photo industry. We believe our hard work and innovation will make that happen. What’s in it for you? You can be part of this amazing team that makes this happen!
A little bit about our Gainesville, FL community!
Nestled just north of Gainesville is Fracture’s brand new home for 2019 and beyond: a 30,000 square foot facility in San Felasco Tech City. Brand new and completely solar-powered, the new Fracture space is where all the magic happens, from conception to production, and everything in between.
As for Gainesville itself, it’s a hip mid-sized city with a highly educated population and a killer quality of life. We’re located in beautiful North Central Florida and are conveniently located ~2 hours away from Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville. A glimpse of Gainesville in 60 seconds! Gainesville is a professional and family oriented community providing a great Live, Work and Play atmosphere.
A glimpse of Gainesville in 60 seconds: https://youtu.be/e_7nUKAFanM
Live, Work and Play: https://youtu.be/prMLJtelhJk
Tech City, the new home of Fracture: https://www.businessmagazinegainesville.com/tech-city-alachuas-new-live-work-development/
Send your cover letter and resume for consideration to Careers@Fractureme.com. Would you like to know more or have questions? Just ask! We look forward to hearing from you!
Fracture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/LBGTQ – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Talent Management Department.